Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Monday, June 25, 2007

A couple of questions

I will be the first to admit I am not a political man. I vote in ALL nation elections and in most local ones but thats as far as it goes. My question is this....if no one admits to voting for George W, how in the hell did he get elected twice????????? I am an admitted , registed republican, although I vote for the man not the party with usually a pretty evenly split ticket. Sorry Mick, it was the only thing you did not know about me that might make you pause and reflect and say "What the hell is wrong with him" and shake your head in wonder. Try living in Boston and admitting that in public...you want to talk about getting crap from people. I have been listening to people I work with and radio shows...gotta love NPR..and have yet to hear one other person besides myself admiting I did....but only the first time.
Now for the second one. I will also be the first to admit I hate this war were in and the cost in lives it has taken. But, if we had done nothing how much more distruction would have happened by terrorists? Is that even a fair logical question to ask or am I just being selfish? I was around for the Viet Nam Conflict and lost friends and family and saw the whole matter as a teenager in high school and through the rather biased eyes of teachers. I was a long hair and a communist according to them....although none said it to my face. I was also registed for the draft but did not get called.
Not really looking for answers just venting....and ranting.
Good luck all and take care of yourselves and the ones you love.
Dale

No comments: