Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Friday, May 8, 2009

Gay marriage and WHY???????????

This is going to piss off a few people and to bad. As a collective group, why in hell would we want to join the ranks of married hetrosexual people? If you showed me a system that worked I would agree but cmon, according to one site I looked at 65 percent of straight marraiges end within 5 years. I agree with tax breaks and other benefits that are provided by couples should be extended to gay couples but I don't want to be "married". We should be able to, and again this the collective gay community...think BORG..come up with a plan that gives us the same basic rights but is more productive and works for us as a group. Most gay people pride themselves as being different and I have heard the phrase a lot and often as us being the chosen. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN TRYING TO MIMIC A SINKING SHIP. Its not easy being gay, harder being an openly gay republican and now you want me to tie the knot? Whats going to be next. I can see it now, live on LOGO "Gay Divorce Court" with judge RuPaul and Ellen prosiding. I mean most gay men bring a U-Haul on their second date..I can see it now. This is Bob...my 23rd husband.
Sorry Tony and Rick but you pushed me into this tirade.

1 comment:

MICK said...

I agree Dale. My sister and her 'boyfriend'? Have been together for 25 years now. They have a great 25 year old son who just graduated from college and all three are doing very well. Yet legally she does not have the rights a married couple have.

Should he die, his aunt could probably come in and take the whole she-bang!!

All I want are equal rights. It's that simple.