Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Colds


Evening Folks
I woke up Sunday morning with a headache which seeems to becoming a mild cold. Not sick enough to stay home, just general yuckiness. Have a couple posts lined up and a roadtrip planned this week but that will depend on how my head feeels. On a couple of other blogs I have seen this as a way to say, "My brain is filled with this and nothing is coming out straight". Everyone fron the CDC to nurses I work with say you don't get sick from a flu shot but every dam year this happens a couple days after I get it.
ahhhh ahhhhh choooooooo
Dale

2 comments:

MICK said...

Get well soon, Dale-bo.

Remember -- LOTS of water. NO SODA! And limit our juices as they have sugar and sugar is NOT good for your immune system.

Also LOTS of rest...ok ok in your case as MUCH as you can get.

My miracle drug is Airborne. The first sign of a cold for me is an ache down my spine. The minute I feel that I pop an Airborne every four hours or so.

A shot of Nyquil before bed and usually that HELPS alot.

To each his own.

Dale said...

I rarely drink soda unless I go out to eat. I get about 7/8 hours of sleep a night usually. I agree about Airborne..I keep a tube in the car so I can take it at work if need be. With me I crave sugar. I am not a big sweet eater but when I start getting sick I want to take a bag of sugar and a spoon. I knew I was getting sick over the weekend because I made this huge batch of oatmeal raisin cookies saturday at work and ate 4..a lot for me. Now that things have calmed down I am taking alot better care of myself. Lost about 30 pounds, taking walks twice a day, even considering going to the gym.
Nyquil makes me hyper...I will nod off about an hour then wake up almost vibrating I am so wound up..must be funny to see.
Later Buddy
Dale