Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Friday, October 30, 2009

Not sure what this is but I want one

Whatever this is it looks cool as hell. It must be fun to drive midwinter in a driving snowstorm..pun intended.

I was born in a town in Maine named Albion..small town, about 900 people..real rednecks, God love em. I still own property there but can't imagine ever living there again. It is the highest point in Kennebec County. You can see about a 100 miles on a good day. The downside is the winds hit 70/80 miles an hour during a storm and when they come from the north it's freaking cold. I stayed there a few years back and in the barn the thermometer read 30 below..and that's not including windchill. I tried to get out here for high color but last weeks rain and cold beat me to it.

I recently made friends with Chris, the other guy in the pics below. He moved out here from Seattle recently and had not seen a lot of the country so we had a little 4 hour field trip. If you enlarge the pics below by clicking on them you can see the view.

The reason I bring this up, is because in a soon to be published post you will see some trees off my land that were donated to a local historical landmark for some restoration..kinda cool. I am helping preserve a piece of history.




1 comment:

Mike said...

Can't wait to see the same area come spring time. Looks beautiful up there.