Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Monday, September 21, 2009

New Beginnings Entry Two


I don't mean for this to sound terrible..this is a place for me to vent and maybe suck up a little attention which I need. IT HAS been a rough year but it's slowly getting better.
I got my first vacation in 8 years and had a great time {thanks Pup}, I got to see part of the country that was new to me and fell in love with the high desert. Zozobra night was amazing spectacle onto itself. Santa Fe was buzzing over the 400 anniversary and Zozobra. Taos was not quite what I expected, it turned out to be a little Santa Fe, however, Madrid more than made up for it,I could live there happily I think.
Today was the first day in a week that I felt somewhat back to normal. No highs or lows,just okay. Went for walk in the morning which was nice,about 65, nice sunny day, The flowers seem to sense the impending weather and are out in force as if in defiance of the frost forecasts. Work went well, I made a killer mint choc late chip trifle..went through it all. I know there are going to be off days, you can't lose 3 people in 7 months and not have it affect you, but, I can fight back and reclaim my life. I found out that it really is the simple and sometimes little things that make life good. One of the women at supper called me out to the dining room, a very rare occurrence. When I got to her table she started crying and said "That ham and glaze was so good, it tasted just like my mother made when I was little and I never thought I would taste that again. Thank You so much". I almost started crying at that point..that was the way my grandmother made it..her recipe to the letter.
I haven't prayed much in the past few weeks..make that months but I am going to tonight. Its more of a one sided talk with me and the Big Guy but I think tonight might be the night to open the dialog back up. A couple new people to add to my "please watch out for these people if you can" and the rest I will wing.
Night All..be kind to yourself and those that need it
Dale
This picture was taken from the backdoor of the kitchen where I work..hope it pleases your eye..it took my breath away.

No comments: