Maine Weather

CLICK HERE TO GET THE MAINE WEATHER

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This Might Get Loud


Evening Folks
There is a small theater, about 75 seats, a few towns away. I get their newsletter and usually scan it quickly and then toss it. Got it in today's mail, did that, then walked upstairs and stopped. Did I read that right, "This Might Get Loud" was playing here in the boonies? Went back down stairs and dug it out of the trash..it's okay, there was nothing disgusting in there, and sure enough it started in an hour. Scrambled into the shower, got dressed and drove the 22 miles to the place. "Oh Crap", almost empty parking lot, maybe I read the wrong day in the flyer. Walked inside and asked the guy working and he told me it was starting in about 15 minutes. Bought my bottle of water and Skittles..sorry Mick , no pop corn, and there was no one else in the theater. About 2 minutes later this sweet looking little old lady walks in and has a seat. We small talked until the movie started.
COMPLETELY AMAZING..I did not want it to stop. I sat through he entire credits, wishing it was a matinee so I could go buy another ticket and see it again. If you have been listening to music in the past 30 years you owe it to yourself to go see this. This woman and I talked about 15 minutes in the parking lot,turns out she was 71, about how nobody saw this and it was just a great movie. It was a good thing we were alone in the place because we were both stamping out feet and drumming on the seats around and in front of us and just having a good ole time. I will buy it on DVD when it comes out but it won't even be close to seeing it on the big screen.
The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White..quite possibly 3 of the greatest living guitarists alive..talking and jamming and explaining how music affects them and us..MAN-O-MAN-O-MAN..what a movie.
Dale

No comments: